We are proud to be an accredited member of the American Animal Hospital Association.
Only 15% of the veterinary hospitals in the United States have earned the AAHA accreditation. Our accreditation demonstrates our commitment to the highest standards of veterinary care. AAHA regularly evaluates our hospital to ensure that we meet and exceed the association’s standards for patient care, hospital service and equipment. AAHA standards are recognized around the world as the benchmark for quality care in veterinary medicine.
We schedule more time for the doctor to spend with you and your pet. This ensures that your pet gets a complete& thorough physical exam. It allows time for the doctor to discuss your pet’s history, physical condition, possible causes and treatments for your pet’s issues and most importantly, allows time for the doctor to discuss any concerns that you may have regarding your pet. Learn more about our comprehensive exams here.
Personalized Vaccine Recommendations
We only vaccinate your pet with vaccines based on your pet’s lifestyle. One size does not fit all. Pets can have reactions to vaccines. Mild reactions can be pain and lethargy. However serious reactions can lead to cancer or death. We use nonadjuvanted vaccines for our feline patients to minimize risk of cancer and do not use vaccines that are not proven to be needed or effective i.e. rattlesnake vaccine, f.i.p. corona virus, ringworm and giardia vaccines. Learn more about vaccines here.
Fear Free and Feline Friendly
We emphasize a”fear free” practice. We want your pet’s visit to be as stress free as possible. We believe in minimizing stress rather than maximizing restraint!
- We achieve this by taking our time when handling your pets. Our staff is trained to read the pet‘s body language and know the proper ways to approach a fearful dog or cat to diminish their fear. They are trained in proper & gentle restraint techniques.
- We use pheromones (feliway for cats and adaptil for dogs) that have been shown to have a soothing effect on cats and dogs.
- We provide soothing music in the rooms where your pets are housed and treated.
- We provide heated cages for your pets when they are recovering.
- We provide treats for your pet’s to ensure they have a happy visit and frequently use treats for distraction if we have to give them and injection. Often times they are so busy enjoying their treat they are not aware that they received an injection!
- We provide pain relief or sedation to all our patients when needed.
- We keep track of each pet’s individual idiosyncrasies and record them in their records. Examples of these are: Pet does not like men; pet more relaxed for blood draws when laying on side, pet does not like other dogs, approach pet very slowly. Being aware of each pet’s individual needs helps them to have a less stressful visit.